Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Addicted

I'm an addicted media consumer. First of all, I am almost always in cyberspace. In order to stay in touch with my friends, I e-mail and chat with them. I also read their blogs and update two of my own. Let's not forget my friendster, multiply, and myspace accounts.

Secondly, I watch tv practically everyday. Some of my favorites still on the air are Gilmore Girls, House, Grey's Anatomy, and Veronica Mars. To fend off my reality show cravings are American Idol and America's Next Top Model. Though I was sad to see Sex and the City and Friends go, I look forward to this fall's new shows such as Heroes, Ugly Betty, 6 Degrees, and Kidnapped.

In connection with that, I like to watch movies. The most recent movie I watched was Step Up, whose soundtrack is way better than the movie. However, I think Invincible and The Covenant will be well worth the money, and I absolutely can't wait for Eragon!

Whenever I have the time, I enjoy reading books and magazines. For the latter, I like to read Elle, Seventeen, People, TIME, Newsweek, In Style--anything really. As for the former, the last one I read was Eldest by Christopher Paolini. (They're coming out with a special edition of that on Sept. 26 although I have no idea what the difference is going to be.) I was planning on reading Traveling Mercies next, but I guess I have to put that off for The Kite Runner, which I had heard about before but never planned on reading.

Last but certainly not least, I love to listen to music. I carry my iPod whenever and wherever I can. Some people think it's overrated, but I don't think so. It's convenient because you can put all your favorite songs in one place and carry it around anywhere. It's even adaptable to your car. Plus, depending on the type of iPod you have, you can put music videos and episodes of your favorite TV shows.

No comments: