Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm in Love with a Stripper

Fall is here and new television shows are popping up right and left! Last night, I watched the premiere of the critically acclaimed "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip." The show's been on every critic's top ten list and for good reason!

The show is so good! Yes, I know that I keep saying "good" and I should stop but really, that's the adjective to describe the show. "Nice" may be overrated but sometimes, it's the only word to describe something/one. I admit "Studio 60" wasn't on my list to watch, but I'm glad I did.

It's about the inner workings of an SNL-like show. "Studio 60" boasts of a star-studded cast that includes Matthew Perry ("Friends"), Bradley Whitford ("The West Wing"), and Amanda Peet ("A Lot Like Love"). The show also has bragging rights to Aaron Sorkin, the writer and executive producer of the show. Whitford, who worked with Sorkin on "The West Wing," claims that Aaron is "the best writer in television."

"Studio 60" is witty, suave, and oozing with charisma. Whitford and Perry work well together. They're both rubber bands just bouncing humor off of each other. It was genius, pure genius, casting those actors on the show. Perry brings in the "Friends" audience while Whitford draws in "The West Wing" crowd. After all, ratings do matter and disappoint they did not. The pilot hooked over 13 million viewers.

Not bad for a bunch of strippers.

2 comments:

Media Medium said...

Hi! I was just wondering what your group's presentation topic is and if you guys are still looking for a final member. You can contact me on my blog or an nlieurance at gmail. Thanks!

Anngiely S. said...

Hey kim! We got a 5th members for our group, Marissa. We have room for one more. Ill email you ya'll tomorrow regarding the topic and when we are going to to the evaluation. We can add one more member also so we can have six in total.